The CBSE envisions a robust, vibrant and holistic school education that will engender excellence in every sphere of human endeavour. The Board is committed to provide quality education to promote intellectual, social and cultural vivacity among its learners. It works towards evolving a learning process and environment, which empowers the future citizens to become global leaders in the emerging knowledge society. The Board Advocates Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation with an emphasis on holistic development of learners. The Board commits itself to providing a stress-free learning environment that will develop competent, confident and enterprising citizens who will promote harmony and peace.
Features of the CBSE School Curriculum
- Provide ample scope for holistic i.e., physical, intellectual and social development of students
- Emphasize constructivist rather than rote learning by highlighting the importance of hands on experience;
- Enlist general and specific teaching and assessment objectives to make learning competency-based and attain mastery over laid down competencies.
- Encourage the application of knowledge and skills in real-life problem-solving scenarios.
- Uphold the ‘Constitutional Values’ by encouraging values-based learning activities
- Promote 21st Century Skills, Life Skills, Financial Literacy, Digital Literacy, Health and Wellness, Road Safety, Citizenship Education, Disaster Management and multilingualism.
- Integrate innovations in pedagogy such as experiential, activity centered, joyful learning, Sport & Art-Integrated Learning, toy-based pedagogy, storytelling, gamification etc. with technological innovations (ICT integration) to keep pace with the global trends in various disciplines.
- Promote inclusive practices as an overriding consideration in all educational activities;
- Enhance and support learning by different types of assessments and strengthen knowledge and attitude related to livelihood skills.
- Foster multilingual and multicultural learning and national understanding in an interdependent society.
- Integrate environmental education in various disciplines from classes I- XII.